Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thinking about a relationship with God? He wants a relationship, not religion.

I know what it’s like to be in bondage. It’s a real word and a real situation. The interesting thing about bondage is sometimes you don’t know it when it’s happening to you. In my case, I knew it and not only did I know it, I could define “it.” However, the people looking at me, living with me, interacting with me had no clue. The level of suffering was beyond comprehension. Yet, I was expected to be me, to act like me, to function like me. I was expected to operate at a high level of capacity. After all, I am Mom. I am wife. I am daughter and sister and friend. I quickly discovered their was only one way out of this bondage that only I knew about that the other’s couldn’t see. This is when Christ came crashing in. Most say, it doesn’t happen this way. I don’t know because people don’t seem to talk about these subjects these days in this world. It is almost like talking about Jesus outside of the body of Christ is taboo, or gets you labled crazy or weird. Here is what I do know. I know he comes to heal the broken hearted. I know he rescues those who are lost. I know you can count on him like you can’t count on anything else. I know he loves you. I know he is consistent and never fails. I know he is there right now, right here with me, fighting for me, never failing or foresaking me. And I know he can be there for you too.

The Bible is God’s love for all people. This love was revealed when Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came into the world as a human being, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose from the dead. Because Christ died, our sins can be forgiven, and because He conquered death we can have eternal life. It is possible to know for sure what will become of us after we die.

This gift of forgiveness and eternal life cannot be ours unless we willingly accept it. God requires an response from us.


God’s Love Is Revealed in the Bible

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” –John 3:16 (NIV)
God loves you. He wants to bless your life and make it full and complete. And He wants to give you a life which will last forever, even after you experience physical death.

We Are Sinful

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” –Romans 3:23 (NIV)
We are all sinners. We all do things that we know are wrong.

Sin Has a Price

“For the wages of sin is death.” –Romans 6:23 (NIV)
If we chose to continue to sin, we will pay the penalty of spiritual death: We will not only die physically; we will also be separated from our holy God for all eternity. The Bible teaches that those who choose to remain separated from God will spend eternity in a place called hell.

Christ Has Paid Our Price

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” –Romans 5:8 (NIV)
The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God, has paid the price for all our sins. You may think you have to lead a good life and do good deeds before God will love you. But the Bible says that Christ loved you enough to die for you, even when you were rebelling against Him.

Salvation Is a Free Gift

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.” –Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)
God is offering us something we could never provide for yourself: forgiveness of sins and eternal life, God’s gift to us is free. We do not have to work for a gift. All we have to do is joyfully receive it, Believe with all your heart that Jesus Christ died for you!

Jesus Is at Your Door

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” –Revelation 3:20 (NIV)
Jesus wants to have a relationship with us. Invite Him in. He is waiting for you to receive Him.

You Must Receive Him

“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” –John 1:12 (NIV)
When you receive Christ into your heart you become a child of God, and have the privilege of talking to Him in prayer at any time about anything. The Christian life is a personal relationship to God through Jesus Christ. And best of all, it is a relationship that will last for all eternity.

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life? Then talk to God from your heart through what's known as the sinner’s prayer.

Sinner’s Prayer

“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life.”